Due to the pandemic and lockdown in spring/summer 2020 all children have experienced losses of:
- Routine, Structure, Friendship, Opportunity, Freedom
These losses could cause:
- Anxiety, Trauma, Bereavement
Our Rainbow Curriculum will run in 3 phases and will focus on: listening to and sharing experiences, re-creating a sense of belonging in the classroom/school and giving opportunities for social interaction.
Phase 1 (whole school) was followed in school for the first half term (this coincided with our school decision for children to remain in their current class from 2019 – 2020 to provide reassurance and continuity on return to school).
- Phase 1 – Whole school Every child in school has experienced lockdown/coronavirus and so needs the recovery curriculum as support.
- Phase 2 – Group work Some children may have had a slightly different experience of lockdown/coronavirus, this could be due to attachment needs, parental mental health issues etc.
- Phase 3 – Individual targeted support This may be due to a bereavement or SEND.
For Autumn 2nd 2020, our long term plan for each subject was reviewed and a temporary long term plan for this half term was produced.