Vision and Values
We promote high achievement and a love of learning so each and every child can build a successful future and we feel this is articulated through our Vision and Values.
Statement of Aims:
- Creating a safe, secure, happy, stimulating, well disciplined and purposeful environment where children enjoy their learning, enabling them to become independent, confident and enquiring learners;
- Developing confidence, motivation and a desire to learn;
- Meeting the individual needs of each and every child;
- Planning and delivering a wide range of creative, challenging and effective learning opportunities;
- Effective target setting and monitoring process to evaluate teaching and learning and support the achievement of high standards;
- Promoting local, national and international links to develop understanding and respect of our diverse world;
- Valuing each child and encouraging them to respect and value themselves and others in the community, forming positive attitudes and developing a sense of right and wrong, good behaviour, consideration for others and care of the environment;
- Providing children with opportunities for a rich variety of learning experiences, enabling children to develop the powers of imagination, creativity and self-expression;
- Working jointly with parents and guardians to maximise their child’s achievements;
- Meeting all statutory requirements of the National Curriculum September 2014;
- Providing a broad and balanced curriculum with an emphasis on literacy and numeracy embedded in all aspects of the curriculum.
- Extending pupils’ understanding of the cultural diversity of modern British society and promoting British values.
Our overarching aim is to develop the ‘whole child’ as an individual, who will leave our school with the skills and qualities needed to become a responsible global citizen in an ever changing world.