Assertive Mentoring is our behaviour programme. Through this programme, children are able to earn smileys and are issued with a smiley card. The children then earn their smileys; they do this by a range of means:
- Exceptional work
- Good manners
- Working outstandingly well with others
- Showing good team work at playtimes
All members of staff in the school have smileys which are to be given to children displaying these qualities. We continue to focus on rewarding good behaviour, work, manners, effort, attitude and team work.
- 40 smileys earned – they will receive a pen/pencil with the school name on it.
- 80 smileys earned – they will receive a mini set of colouring pencils (EYFS) or a ruler (KS1/KS2).
- 120 smileys earned – they will receive a colouring book (EYFS/KS1) or a dictionary (KS2).
All children who receive 120 smileys across the year will be given a ticket to an end of year party.
This process begins anew each year. In addition to this, children continue to receive stickers which can be put on their jumper.
Running alongside this, we have a set of sanctions for inappropriate behaviour. Each teacher has a tracking sheet and pupils will be tracked for breaking school rules. Other consequences for breaking school rules follow below:
- Time out
- Missing time from playtime
- Sent to Head Teacher
- Letter home
- Fixed Term Exclusion
Parents were consulted on the most recent changes to the behaviour policy and the policy can be found in the school policies section.